15 Nov Founding Backend Engineer in San Francisco
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Software is consuming the world! Every business across the globe is being transformed into a software business, and we are on a mission to create a next generation technology platform for these businesses and their DevOps teams to ease that transformation. Our platform will disrupt and transform a multi-billion enterprise software segment.
We are passionate about building revolutionary products that will be game changers and make our customers super happy. Because we are still in stealth mode until we launch in early 2017, we will reveal much more when we have a chance to discuss our unique product and company in person. We are headquartered in downtown San Francisco and our offices are easily accessible by Bart and Caltrans. We offer competitive salaries, generous stock options, great benefits and a chance to be part of a growth opportunity which is big and exciting!
We are building a kickass founding engineering team and we are looking for people who are excited about the problems we’re solving and who want to join a growing team with responsibilities that have real potential to expand quickly and dramatically over time.
Why this is a unique opportunity?
- As a Founding Backend Engineer, you will work side by side with the founder in helping to define the architecture and building a large scalable platform.
- Decision making input into how to design and build a transformative product from the ground up.
- End to end ownership of your projects.
- Fast paced delivery of features and design.
- Transparent style of leadership.
- Strong culture of collaboration and meaningful discussions – no wasted time in endless meetings!
- Funded by one the “great” and very successful leaders in enterprise software.
What will you will be doing:?
- Helping to the define the architecture and build a large, scalable platform.
- Build and deploy backend for our platform.
- Design backend cloud and middleware architecture.
- Implement software design best practices, such as test-driven development and frequent end-to-end testing.
- Design, develop, and maintain backend services, always with security and performance in mind.
- Investigate solutions leading to successful delivery of well structured, easily maintainable, and well documented code.
- Author and automate test cases and implement comprehensive monitoring.
What do you need?
- Experience with Java, Spring, or other modern application frameworks.
- Previous experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Couchbase, Redis etc) is a plus.
- Experience with Git or other source code management systems.
- Familiarity with machine learning or natural language processing (NLP).
- Experience with configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet or Ansible), is a BIG plus.
- Understanding of continuous integration/deployment best practices (Jenkins, build pipelines).
- Experience maintaining and architecting cloud based infrastructure (AWS) is a plus.
- Comfort in working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit – you pride yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality.
- Strong desire to work in an unstructured, fast moving startup environment.
- S. degree in CS or equivalent with at least 3-5 years of industry experience.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive base salary + substantial equity
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- Casual and fun work environment
- Tools and technology to enable your success
- Walking distance to awesome restaurants, in-office weekly lunches and snacks galore
- Easy access to Bart, Caltrans, Bay Bridge, Highways 80 and 280.